Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No light contributions until interaction with light.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No light contributions until interaction with light.

I have a problem using Vray for Houdini .
    In regular bucket render (non-ipr) the image renders black - when rendering in IPR the image renders black (only alpha) UNTIL I make some/ANY interaction with the dome light. ie If I hit render in IPR, I can see the alpha form and start to refine, but until I do somthing to the light - toggle it on and off in viewport, or rotate it - literally anything - it is black... if I touch the light in some way, it will begin to show me the RGB/lighting contributions.

Unfortauntely I can't share a repro until pipeline can get something to you but fishing for answers until that can happen, hopefully that wont be too far behind, but wondering if anyone has any ideas in the meantime as it is somewhat of a showstopper for me!
    Houdini 17.5.425 with
    VRay 4.30.01 426aae11 <ar 9 2020 17:39:58

Hey bender83 ,

the issue doesn't reproduce on my end. Here's what I did:
    1. Add a Dome light and plug a texture
    2. Add a new camera
    3. Hit Render on the V-Ray shelf
    4. The light is visible both in the RGB and Alpha planes

If possible, could you try using one of the supported Houdini versions, e.g. 460 instead of 425 ? Technically only major release might affect things on our end but the dev team on the SideFX side are quite productive so changes do happen often and those can break things.

Best regards!
    gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

I've just isolated the problem to texture input - any image input into my light dome is causing the image to go black (until I interact with the light in some fashion) - a step forward towards figuring this out! Am seeing if other colleagues are having the same issue on a simplified version of the scene - but pipeline will be in touch with a repro scene shortly I believe (Zoic).

Comment

Its a post-translate script breaking HDR texture paths, case solved! Thanks Gosho

Comment

Working...
        X