Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Fixed, Fixed) [HOU-1997] [HOU-2017] vray submit to deadline - render more then one subnetwork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Fixed, Fixed) [HOU-1997] [HOU-2017] vray submit to deadline - render more then one subnetwork

Hi,

as i mentioned here : https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...be-fixed/page3
    the $OS variable is not evaluated correctly, so the slave didnt finde the vrscenefile. used nightly: 7490

We use the $OS variable, to render different subnetworks. (variuos shaders, f.E.)

Or is there another way to do?
    Last edited by Gosho.Genchev; 03-07-2020, 08:23 AM.

Hey suedlich_t

Could you give us a hip file that produces this behavior ? I suspect it has something to do with the placement of the ROP node. Feel free to strip everything but the V-Ray Renderer node and keep it where it was when the issue showed up.

​​​​​​​Best regards!
    gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

of course, here u can have a look

thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Hey suedlich_t ,

the issue should be fixed starting with today's nightly builds. Please ping us if you hit any problems - I tried to test on my end but with so many possible ways to set the export paths, it's entirely possible something went unnoticed.

Best regards!

Comment

Thanks, but sadly, dont work:

see the line 49 in the log. Here the $OS not translated correctly. should be this path, where the files actually stored after export: (export is working)
          Y:\Projects\X666_002_Tryout_Vray4\02_WORK\HOUDINI\ Z_Temp\A_SceneDescriptions\vrscene\HOUDINI\X666_00 2_try_various_vray4_A_v016_tok\bty_a
          "bty_a" - is the $OS variable in the export path.

The image path in line 58 is correctly translated.

hope that helps

using nightly 7602,

best regards,
          Stefan
          Attached Files

Comment

Hey suedlich_t ,

I apologize for the delay - you are absolutely correct, I had the problem fixed in my local file and didn't realize not all changes are in the nightly builds. The changes are in review and tomorrow's nightly builds should be good to go.

Best regards!

Comment

that works !
              thanks

Best regards!

Comment

Working...
              X