Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Bad parent found" Error while submitting a vray Deadline job

While submitting a vrayDeadline Job I get this error:

Error: Bad parent found (parent is not a network): out/renderElements/channelsContainer.init.

at Deadline.Plugins.PluginWrapper.RenderTasks(String taskId, Int32 startFrame, Int32 endFrame, String& outMessage, AbortLevel& abortLevel)

I also attached the error report.

Any idea what could be the reason for that?

kind regards
    Jon

Attached Files

Hey Jon3D ,

could you please check the Renderer->Images->Network parameter to see if it's pointing to the actual Render Elements ROP and not the channelsContainer node inside of it ?
    If that is not the reason for the issue, the hip file would be much appreciated - you can remove everything but the ROPs.

Edit:

Scratch that - judging by the log, V-Ray is not loaded at all by Houdini. Please check the following:
    1. In the Monitor, please make sure the specified Houdini version has a vray_for_houdini.json file in the $HFS/packages directory. In my case, I use Houdini18.0.499 for the Deadline jobs and the vray_for_houdini.json file is here:
    "C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 18.0.499\packages\vray_for_houdini.json"
    2. Please open the vray_for_houdini.json file and verify the INSTALL_ROOT variable is pointing to the right place.

Best regards!
    Last edited by Gosho.Genchev; 16-07-2020, 04:39 AM.
    gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hey Gosho,

Hip File is attached. For now I just deleted everything but the ROPs like you said. I tried it even without Render Channels and got the same Error.
      Attached Files

Comment

Jon3D , I updated my post about 5 minutes before you replied. Please take a look again.

Cheers!
        gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hey Gosho,

Ah sorry I missed your post edit. Its working now. Thank you very much.
          It would be worth to mention that in the help I think

cheers!

Comment

Working...
          X