[HOU-2056] Denoiser Replace RGB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOU-2056] Denoiser Replace RGB

I am currently working with the Vray Denoiser. The "Replace RGB" function in the Denoiser RenderElement under the "Mode" tab is not working correctly. It is still separating the "effect Result" Render Element and the RGB Color Render Element.

I only want to save out my denoised result and not the RGB Channel currently it is saving out both. I tried to fix this by using the Advanced Feature set in the Images Tab of the Render Node and checking the "Don't save RGB Channel" box but apparently this isn't working either.

Don't know if I am just doing it the wrong way or if it actually isn't working. Either way I need help to fix this issue.

Scene File to make things more clear is provided below

Denoiser.zip

Greetings Lucca Bauer
    Attached Files
    Last edited by chakarov; 29-07-2020, 06:26 AM.

Sorry andreyluccahannes , labels for Denoiser modes seems to be confusing. We'll change them.
    "Don't Save RGB Channel" doesn't seems to work, I've added it in our system as HOU-2056
    Georgy Chakarov | QA
    www.chaosgroup.com
    georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Originally posted by chakarov View Post
      Sorry andreyluccahannes , labels for Denoiser modes seems to be confusing. We'll change them.
      "Don't Save RGB Channel" doesn't seems to work, I've added it in our system as HOU-2056
      Thank you.
      Did I misunderstand the labels of the Denoiser Modes? My goal is to have a denoised exr Image without all the Render Elements that come with the Denoiser. Isn't the "Replace RGB" the correct mode for this? In the Documentation it is described like this:

" Replace RGB – TheRGB Color Render Elementwill be replaced with the denoised version, and the DenoiserRender Element will not be present as a separate channel.Show the channel with the denoised result in VFB"

which comes seemingly close to what I want to achieve.

Comment

modes names should be changed to something more appropriate, like:
        None > "Only generate render elements" /used for standalone denoiser or V-Ray denoiser in Nuke/
        ReplaceRGB > "Hide denoiser element" /only RGB and effectresult elements will be saved/
        Separate Channel > "Show denoiser element" /save rgb + denoise + effectresult/
        Georgy Chakarov | QA
        www.chaosgroup.com
        georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com

Comment

To be 100 % sure

Our goal is to have an option to enable the denoiser and have all user defined render elements unchanged in naming and amount. They just should be denoised.
          • no additional render elements should be added to the exr by the denoiser
          • one denoised rgb pass. Not two of them denoised and undenoised

Comment

Working...
          X