Render blank on packed disk sequence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render blank on packed disk sequence

Hi there, I'm using H17.5.425 and VRay 4.30.1 - I'm switching the read mode on my cached geo to Packed Disk Sequence and my renders are turning blank/black. Is this supposed to be a supported feature, or is there something I need to do to make these visible?

I can see the cache moving in viewport, and can render via geo or even packed disk primitive - so the cache is good - it's just the packed disk sequence load mode that doesnt' seem to be cooperating.

Hi bender83 ,

read mode on my cached geo to Packed Disk Sequence
    Sound like you are using the "file" node, so I would assume you are using bGeos, right? If that is the case, V-Ray does not support bGeos, you need to be using Alembic files (There is a post from bdancer here in the forum that explains it). Yes, V-Ray is rendering it, but when you generate your render files (vrscene) you will see that the mesh is getting written into it.

Best,
    David.
    David Anastácio // Accenture Song - VFX
    https://www.accenture.com/us-en/serv...visual-effects

Comment

Aaaah that makes sense- thanks for the input!

Comment

Hi bender83 , like david.anastacio said, V-Ray can't render bgeos dirctly, if you want to use cahced geometry you should use alembic or vrproxy.
        Georgy Chakarov | QA
        www.chaosgroup.com
        georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com

Comment

bender83, it should render packed disk / disk sequence, but bgeo contents will be unpacked into the vrscene file.
          Could you send me a hip file showing the issue?
          V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
          andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
          Support Request

Comment

Sorry I just saw this! Yes, that was correct - i wasn't aware that the bgeos get written as geo to the vrscene -that's all that was happening that I didnt expect

Comment

Working...
            X