(Info Requested) vray 5 not rendering on houdini 18.5.351

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Info Requested) vray 5 not rendering on houdini 18.5.351

Hi guys, I just installed vray for houdini 18.5.351 on centos and everything seemed to install fine, however I can't pull up the vfb or render. When I setup a scene and click these buttons, nothing happens. I don't get any error messages or anything it just that no rendering occurs and the vfb does not come up at all. I tried running the python commands in the python terminal and the commands run and return with no error, however nothing happens, no render no nothing.

Maybe I missed something on the install? Anyway, I tried everything I could think of and am looking to you for some help here now.

Thanks.

-Christian
    Last edited by Gosho.Genchev; 01-03-2021, 08:32 AM.

sorry, the workstations is actually running Ubuntu. Maybe this could be the problem?

Comment

This is the behaviour you get when VRay can’t get a licence for whatever reason.

Comment

Thanks, that was the problem.

Comment

I hope they change this behavior soon.
          You have now joined the club of people who have wasted a bunch of time troubleshooting this issue.
          I too, am a member of this club

Comment

I guess you are running official V-Ray 5 for Hioudini. This problem fixed in latest builds, a message about missing license is displayed.
            Georgy Chakarov | QA
            www.chaosgroup.com
            georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hi chakarov, we still get the error that can not load Vray 5.00.50 (build 17/12/2020) for Houdini 18.5.351 when we run by hython (because we use deadline).

Comment

Hello kien_nguyen , seems to work on my side.
                What OS you are using ?
                Is your V-Ray for Houdini installed via installer ?
                If you downloaded archive version, than how V-Ray is loaded via package file or through houdini.env ?
                When launching hython, is any information about V-Ray shown ?
                Georgy Chakarov | QA
                www.chaosgroup.com
                georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
                X