Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Fixed) [HOU-2473] Error exporting vrscene per frame

Hello.
    I'm getting some really strange errors when exporting my scene as one vrscene per-frame using some expressions in the Export File Path parameter.

And this is the output in the vray log:

So as you can see is starting to export the first 2 frames correctly and then in the third frame getting that weird characters and errors. It is only creating the first to frames.
    I have tried to put the whole expression in a spare parameters and and then link to it in Export File Path using a `ch()` but I'm still getting the same problem.
    Is annoying because to make it working I have to remove my expression put the whole path manually and then ad the $F4 for the frames, but that obviously breaks all our pipe.

We are using Vray 5.00.50 with H18.5.408 on Windows.

Thanks!
    Last edited by pablo_rohtau; 24-02-2021, 06:46 PM.

Ok, so I have been digging into this issue and I think is something related to the chs() function, if I use an expression like:
    Code:
    ${JOB}/vrscene/${HIPNAME}_`chs("basename")`_`ch("ver")`.$F4.vrscene
    I got the error.
    If I use:
    Code:
    ${JOB}/vrscene/${HIPNAME}_${OS}_`ch("ver")`.$F4.vrscene
    Then it works.
    Another thing is that in a simple scene it my expressions using chs() works most of the time.
    But in any more or less decetn scene that takes around 10sec/frame to export is when it fails after 2 or 3 frames.

Comment

That's intersting, what is the type of parameter you're calling? If it's an iterger or float, better use ch
      , chs is intended for strings. When you copy and paste sometimes numeric parameters get linked as strings.
      Hristo Velev
      MD/FX Lead, Bottleship VFX
      Sofia, Bulgaria

Comment

Originally posted by glacierise View Post
        That's interesting, what is the type of parameter you're calling? If it's an integer or float, better use ch
        , chs is intended for strings. When you copy and paste sometimes numeric parameters get linked as strings.
        Hey Hristo.
        Basically I have a bunch of spare parameters that are connected to our publishing system to get things like shot name, render location, etc ....
        When I use chs() is because they are referencing to a string parameter, if you use ch() to refer to a string parameter you will just get 0 as result.
        My workaround consist in changing calls to chs() by env vars, just using JOB and HIPNAME which breaks our pipeline but well at least we can render
        The thing that is very strange is that this evaluation problem only happens when exporting to vrscene from the vray rop, if you evaluate the parameter from another chs() function, or using python
        it works perfectly, is just the export in Vray what fails.

Thanks

Comment

In case someone wants to give it a go, this is a file I sent to Gosho replicating some of the issues I found when exporting vrscenes
          Cheers
          Attached Files

Comment

Hey Pablo,

The issue should be resolved in the latest nightly build.

Best regards!
            gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Thanks a lot Gosho!

Comment

Hello, sorry for the late response, have some hectic weeks here.
                So I tried this nightly build:
                Code:
                vray_adv_50050_houdini18.5.408_9ea6717_13034_windows.zip
                It fixes the issue with writing the vrscenes.
                But we later found that the UV tiling was broken:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	wrongTiling.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	667.0 KB
ID:	1114557

So we have to roll back to the stable version:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	correctTiling.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	699.5 KB
ID:	1114558

But obviously the stable version has the vrscenes bug ...
                I did a work around in our default render settings to avoid the vrscenes issue but that tilling bug is an important one, that is probably already fixed, but just in case, I notify it here

Comment

Working...
                X