Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Fixed) [VGPU-5530] Shader: ceil float operation GPU not working with attributes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Fixed) [VGPU-5530] Shader: ceil float operation GPU not working with attributes

Hi,

if I wire a user float value into a TexFloatOp node and set the mode to "ceil", the operation is not succesful computed. It seems as if the result is 0 in any case. Occurs with GPU RTX & CUDA.

Results are fine when switched to CPU. Other calculation modes on GPU seem to work with user floats, like product, sum, min, max, etc Also GPU calculation of "ceil" works, if I don't wire in a user float but a FloatToTex

Hey sebastian_orosz ,

Unforunately the 'ceil' operation is not supported on the GPU. We tried simplifying the UI by disabling the unsupported parameters on the V-Ray nodes - with the sockets there was no way to do this.

You could check which outputs are supported by going inside the V-Ray for Houdini installation folder/appsdk/bin and opening plgparams.exe in a console, e.g.
    plgparams.exe -ui TexFloatOp
    I've put in a request for adding support for the rest of the output sockets. I'll tag the forum thread and message back once we have a timeline for a solution.

Best regards!
    gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
    X