Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you need Displacement object properties or just a displacement shader is enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you need Displacement object properties or just a displacement shader is enough?

Here goes another noob question.
    Doing some testing to see if I can use the displacement textures from the Ocean Evaluate in Vray.
    I have been struggling trying to get the displacement roughly match my deformed mesh. We have all been here right no?
    So I setup my displacement shader, using Vector(Object) and I never get it right until a colleague told me to add the Displacement properties to the object, which are the same as the Displacement shader parameters.
    And then when I set the displacement in the Object properties to be Vector(Object) then it finally worked. It seems that whatever I set in the displacement shader it is always using the Default displacemnt,
    which I assume is the typical displace Along Normal.
    The Shader is using the parameters from the Displacemetn Shader, is picking up the texture, but to set the displacement type I have to set it from the Object Properties, otherwise it doesn't work.
    Am I doing something wrong or this is just how things work in Vray?

Thanks!
Working...
X