Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Resolved) Missing Parenthese in call to 'print'. Did you mean print(""V-Ray ROP\"%s\"is notfound"%roppath)?(vfh_rop.py,line123)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Resolved) Missing Parenthese in call to 'print'. Did you mean print(""V-Ray ROP\"%s\"is notfound"%roppath)?(vfh_rop.py,line123)

Hello,

I am getting this error after installing V-ray:

Missing Parenthese in call to 'print'. Did you mean print(""V-Ray ROP"%s"is notfound"%roppath)?(vfh_rop.py,line123)
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "driver_vray_renderer", line 1, in <module>
    File "C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/Houdini 18.5.408/vfh_home/scripts/python\vfh\vfh_rop.py", line 123
    print "V-Ray ROP "%s" is not found!" % ropPath
    ^
    SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to 'print'. Did you mean print("V-Ray ROP "%s" is not found!" % ropPath)?

Any thoughts to help tackle this error will be really appreciated. I am two days from the deadline!

I posted the same topic under the GPU section. I am sorry for repeating the topics.
    Last edited by Gosho.Genchev; 19-03-2021, 08:41 AM.

You've probably installed Python3 build of Houdini - install Python2 version.
    We don't have Python3 builds for all Python3 Houdini versions yet.
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Comment

Thanks! You saved me. another question would current version of V-ray work with Houdini 18.5.462 ? In case I download Python2 version.

Comment

There are .462 builds at the nightlies, as well as .499.
        V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
        andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
        Support Request

Comment

Working...
        X