Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Segmentation Fault crash when using Material local override

​Hi,

I'm running a simulation whereas I give different attributes to different geometries to apply them in the "copy to points" node. I want the same material to be applied to all of them, but want to override some values of the material to each of the geometries depending on their attributes. One for example being the diffuse color. But the moment I give the local override, be it with a constant value or a reference to a attribute or a channel and try to render it, either in the interactive render or the final render, it crashes giving the "segmantation fault" error.

Depending on the settings, it doesn't crash, but it doesn't makes a difference in the IPR either.

I've also tried making it in separate parameters using "diffuser", "diffuseg" and "diffuseb", but the same thing: denpending on the settings it either crashes on doesn't work.

When I mean settings I mean the following parameters that I've been tweaking around trying to get different results:

Click image for larger version  Name:	imagem_2021-03-27_115743.png Views:	0 Size:	35.6 KB ID:	1108887

I've also tried using material stylesheets and noticed that, although the material stylesheets don't give the segmantation fault crash it makes no difference in the IPR.

This is the layout of my main scene that I'm trying to apply this to: a foreach on various geometries and apply the same material with different colors using parameters and the override option in the material node:

Click image for larger version  Name:	imagem_2021-03-27_115833.png Views:	0 Size:	33.7 KB ID:	1108888

I've tested it creating a scene from 0, just a box inside a SOP geometry node, a material node afterwards and a local override in there to change the diffuse color and it does crash giving the same error.

I'm using Houdini 18.5.408 with vray 5.00.50
    Attached Files
    Last edited by giovani_henriques; 27-03-2021, 08:10 AM.

Hello giovani_henriques , to use Material local override to change material parameter, value of material should be assigned through "V-Ray User Color" or "V-Ray User Float". "Attribute" parameter of those textures should be the same as material parameter name.
    If you want to use material stylesheet, setup is similar just "Attribute" parameter of userColor/userFloat textures can be different than material parameter name.

check the example
    Attached Files
    Georgy Chakarov | QA
    www.chaosgroup.com
    georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Thank You chakarov ! I wasn't aware of these "user" nodes nor found them in the documentation but it worked like a charm! Thank you a lot for your help!

Comment

giovani_henriques , what are your OS, Houdini and V-Ray builds ? I can't reproduce a crash with this setup. Also a hip file which crash will be appreciated.
        Georgy Chakarov | QA
        www.chaosgroup.com
        georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
        X