how? render output different chanels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how? render output different chanels?

Hi guys, i am having difficulty in getting vray in houdini to export my multiple channels as exrs when i render... i must be doing something wrong...

when rendering the vfb opens and i can choose to view the different channels and can do so ( i set up a beauty pass advanced), but when the frame has finished i only see the exr beauty pass, and even the denoiser hasn't been applied,

any idea what i am doing wrong?

Attached Files
    x570, 5950x, 96gb Ram, Gigabyte Turbo RTX 3090, Asus Turbo RTX 3090, 2x Samsung 970 Evo SSD 1.0TB M.2 NVMe , 1000 corsair + 750 corsair PSU's. houdini 18.5 . vray 5.1

Hi,

Looks like you are saving an exr filer per render element (AOV), is this what you need? If you want to save a single EXR file containing your beauty and all AOVs you need to remove the AOV tag from the file path ($AOV).

Also, not sure you should use the $AOV tag in you deep render output.

Best,
    David.
    David Anastácio // Accenture Song - VFX
    https://www.accenture.com/us-en/serv...visual-effects

Comment

Hi David, i want the oposite actually, i want a image file for each render element... will give it a try without the $AOV
      x570, 5950x, 96gb Ram, Gigabyte Turbo RTX 3090, Asus Turbo RTX 3090, 2x Samsung 970 Evo SSD 1.0TB M.2 NVMe , 1000 corsair + 750 corsair PSU's. houdini 18.5 . vray 5.1

Comment

hi guys, i figured it out thank you, all the aovs were in the exr... thanks and sorry for disturbing.

Comment

If there is no ${AOV}/$AOV tag specified and the render element supports any multichannel format, it is written in a multichannel format (.exr for example).
          Georgy Chakarov | QA
          www.chaosgroup.com
          georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
          X