Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

( open ) [ HOU-2563 ] Attribute like Cd don't render time subdivide as they should.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ( open ) [ HOU-2563 ] Attribute like Cd don't render time subdivide as they should.

Using the production build of Vray 5.00.50 for Houdini 18.5.408 point attributes aren't being interpolated correctly when using render-time subdivision.
    The test is creating a box, adding a color SOP set to bounding box and then enable render time subdivision and assign a material which uses the Cd attribute.
    Mantra does this and interpolates the color smoothly with render time subdivision.
    Vray seems to apply the attributes to each subdivided face.
    Last edited by chakarov; 20-05-2021, 02:14 AM.

Hi benfox , can't reproduce it with latest nightly build. What is your V-ray build number? Can you share the scene ?
    Georgy Chakarov | QA
    www.chaosgroup.com
    georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Originally posted by chakarov View Post
      Hi benfox , can't reproduce it with latest nightly build. What is your V-ray build number? Can you share the scene ?
      Hi chakarov,

I can confirm that this issue exists, I also bumped into into (slipped through with all the work). I attached a test scene and this also happens in VFH 4.3.

This happens when using opensub divs, the point data is incorrectly interpolated. This however does not happen when using "Render as Subdivision" in the displacement properties, but we never use displacement subdivisions due to their lack of performance when compared to the open sub div.

No open subdiv applied:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	no-subdiv.JPG Views:	0 Size:	21.5 KB ID:	1114268
      With open subdiv applied:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	with-subdiv.JPG Views:	0 Size:	39.7 KB ID:	1114269

Best,
      David.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by david.anastacio; 20-05-2021, 01:59 AM.
      David Anastácio // Accenture Song - VFX
      https://www.accenture.com/us-en/serv...visual-effects

Comment

Now I reproduced and reported it.
        Georgy Chakarov | QA
        www.chaosgroup.com
        georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Thanks for the speedy responses, great to see you are all on the case! I am using the VRay production build of 5.00.50 for 18.5.408

Comment

Working...
          X