V-Ray Houdini 18.5 Py3 makes all Deadline jobs fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray Houdini 18.5 Py3 makes all Deadline jobs fail

I'm running into an issue where Houdini 18.5.532 (Py3) on W10 works fine from the Houdini UI but just the presence of the V-Ray package makes every deadline job fail. Disabling the V-Ray package resolve the error.

So I'm having a hard time to find a way to "specify" the python version for the Houdini plugin as mentioned here below in the first log. entry. And I find it a weird message anyways since it's consuming a lot of py3 stuff that is working fine. And it's using hyton3.exe for renderjobs so that sort of forces the Py version to 3.

Then the larger error log, it's trying to import some Py2.7 modules which logically will fail... I've searched all the repo and V-Ray for parts of the error msgs but no luck. And again,. is all working fine on the same computer in the Houdini UI.

So any clues?

(edit, FWIW: using deadline 10.1.14.5 )

See warnings/errors from the log below:

Code:
    "2021-06-21 13:36:12: 0: WARNING: Python version for 'Houdini' plugin is not specified! Defaulting to Py2."
    and

Code:
    ================================================== =====
    Error
    FailRenderException : Error: Module use of python27.dll conflicts with this version of Python.
    at Deadline.Plugins.DeadlinePlugin.FailRender(String message) (Python.Runtime.PythonException)
    File "C:\ProgramData\Thinkbox\Deadline10\workers\HYPERION\plugins\60cfb212d308c1bec86e3893\Houdini.py", line 447, in HandleStdoutError
    self.FailRender(self.GetRegexMatch(1))
    at Python.Runtime.Dispatcher.Dispatch(ArrayList args)
    at __FranticX_Processes_ManagedProcess_StdoutHandlerD elegateDispatcher.Invoke()
    at FranticX.Processes.ManagedProcess.RegexHandlerCall back.CallFunction()
    at FranticX.Processes.ManagedProcess.e(String di, Boolean dj)
    at FranticX.Processes.ManagedProcess.Execute(Boolean waitForExit)
    at Deadline.Plugins.DeadlinePlugin.DoRenderTasks()
    at Deadline.Plugins.PluginWrapper.RenderTasks(Task task, String& outMessage, AbortLevel& abortLevel)
    at Deadline.Plugins.PluginWrapper.RenderTasks(Task task, String& outMessage, AbortLevel& abortLevel)

Type
    RenderPluginException

Stack Trace
    at Deadline.Plugins.SandboxedPlugin.d(DeadlineMessage bcy, CancellationToken bcz)
    at Deadline.Plugins.SandboxedPlugin.RenderTask(Task task, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    at Deadline.Slaves.SlaveRenderThread.c(TaskLogWriter ajg, CancellationToken ajh)

Last edited by jonathandeblok; 21-06-2021, 04:48 AM.

Ahh found it.. in the default json package file the path below is set to "${INSTALL_ROOT}/appsdk/python27" changing that to pyhton37 resolve the issues. Strange that the GUI version of Houdini didn't show any issues with the 27 one..

Code:
    { "PYTHONPATH"      : "${INSTALL_ROOT}/appsdk/python37" },

Comment

Hi jonathandeblok

I'm getting the same/similar error message like you did back in 2021:

Code:
      Error

FailRenderException : Error: Module use of python37.dll conflicts with this version of Python.

at Deadline.Plugins.DeadlinePlugin.FailRender(String message) (Python.Runtime.PythonException)

File "C:\ProgramData\Thinkbox\Deadline10\workers\WS-JUPITER\plugins\61fbd835cfe2d53aa8b65a32\Houdini.p y", line 438, in HandleStdoutError

self.FailRender(self.GetRegexMatch(1))

at Python.Runtime.Dispatcher.Dispatch(ArrayList args)

at __FranticX_Processes_ManagedProcess_StdoutHandlerD elegateDispatcher.Invoke()

at FranticX.Processes.ManagedProcess.RegexHandlerCall back.CallFunction()

at FranticX.Processes.ManagedProcess.e(String di, Boolean dj)

at FranticX.Processes.ManagedProcess.Execute(Boolean waitForExit)

at Deadline.Plugins.DeadlinePlugin.DoRenderTasks()

and further down:

Code:
      2022-02-03 14:43:38: 0: STDOUT: [2022/Feb/3|14:43:38] VFH | Error| * Python evaluation error: "Module use of python37.dll conflicts with this version of Python."

2022-02-03 14:43:38: 0: STDOUT: [2022/Feb/3|14:43:38] VFH | Error| * Traceback (most recent call last):

2022-02-03 14:43:38: 0: STDOUT: [2022/Feb/3|14:43:38] VFH | Error| * File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
      I'm a little confused because I don't know in which directory this default json should be. Houdini? Deadline? Vray? Can you help me?

Comment

Working...
      X