vrscene / attribute issues..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vrscene / attribute issues..

I'm having a hard time getting attributes back, I could do a proper bug report but first I'd like to confirm I'm not pressing the wrong buttons.

all from Houdini:

1) export an object with vray materials to a vrscene (using the vray rop in export only mode)
    2) load exported vrscene using the 'VrayScene' sop
    3) this renders fine, materials are there
    4) unpack vrscene a few levels until geo shows in the geometry spreadsheet
    5) zero attributes to be found on prims and points except the P, N and a bunch of UVs.

The 'import material' feature draws a blank as wel, it find the materials and created a network but due to the missing shop_materialpath attrib it's can't assign them to the unpacked object.

Any clues?

( And just to clarify, I'm not that interested in importing the materials, it's only for being able put some ogl tags on and show the main textures in the viewport )

Comment

Hi jonathandeblok , unpacking vrscene to polygones does not transfer attributes of a mesh, only mesh itself. If you want to access attributes it is recommended to use alembic file format. I'll add an request to "unpack" attributes from vrscene, but can't give you any ETA when it will be implemented.
      Georgy Chakarov | QA
      www.chaosgroup.com
      georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Originally posted by chakarov View Post
        Hi jonathandeblok , unpacking vrscene to polygones does not transfer attributes of a mesh, only mesh itself. If you want to access attributes it is recommended to use alembic file format. I'll add an request to "unpack" attributes from vrscene, but can't give you any ETA when it will be implemented.
        Thanks for the feedback! I noticed when unpacking vrscene content in houdini that was generated in Max there are some mesh attributes present so there is some kind of mechanism present already. My guess is, since I'm exporting vrscene from houdini as well, the attributes also aren't exported to begin with.

Comment

Working...
        X