Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Light Cache disk file format default value not compatible with Irradiance Map Viewer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light Cache disk file format default value not compatible with Irradiance Map Viewer

This may be a niche issue, but I lost a bit of time banging my head on the keyboard figuring it out.
    When you save a light cache to disk in Houdini the default file type is .vrmap
    I wanted to check it out in the Irradiance Map Viewer app and it would not display anything no matter what. The file had a size and the output window showed samples, but when I looked at the Properties in the Irradiance Map Viewer it just said one sample and displayed nothing.
    Maya was exporting no problem. It wasn't until I realized that the file default in Houdini is set to vrmap and Maya writes a vrlmap. When I changed the file type on the light cache in Houdini to vrlmap the data loaded up in the Irradiance Map Viewer no problem.
    Not sure what the difference is, but it gave me the result I needed with no other changes. So maybe this default could be changed to avoid future head scratching or maybe someone will find this post helpful.

Thanks for noticing this; file extension value in the UI will be fixed in the next nightly.
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Comment

Working...
    X