Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Using Rayserver Instancer The Path Attribute Is Not Recognized In The Per Attribute Value Cryptomatte

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Using Rayserver Instancer The Path Attribute Is Not Recognized In The Per Attribute Value Cryptomatte

With rayserver instancer enabled the path attribute is no longer recognized in the per attribute value cryptomatte.

In my demo scene, I have the packed alembic primitive with the path attributes, a grid to use for points, and then copy to points. On my geometry container I have the Vray object properties added and Rayserver Instancer is enabled.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vray1.JPG
Views:	166
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	1126993

If I create a per attribute value cryptomatte render element and specify the path as the attribute to be used, the cryptomatte will render one solid color.

Name:	vray2.JPG
Views:	258
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	1126991

But now if I disable rayserver istancer in the vray object properties then the cryptomatte behaves as expected and I get a unique value per unique path.

Name:	vray3.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	1126992

Are user attributes not compatible with user specified cryptomattes when the rayserver instancer is enabled?

I'm trying to understand if this is a bug or expected behavior. We must use the rayserver instancer for these large environments and having access to user attributes and path are critical for us.

I can replicate this behaviour in houdini 18 & 18.5 and Vray Next and Vray 5 with all versions I tested so far.

For reference the production build we are working with is on Windows 10 Houdini 18.5.499
    V-Ray for Houdini number:13976 hash:9db6fdc from 10 Jun 2021 01:58 (build number:13976)
    V-Ray Core 5.10.20 [5322b47e] from 4 Jun 2021

Regards,

David Eschrich
    CG Technical Supervisor - Zoic Studios

Yes, same here, H18.5 and VRay 4.3
    Hristo Velev
    MD/FX Lead, Bottleship VFX
    Sofia, Bulgaria

Comment

> V-Ray Core 5.10.20 [5322b47e] from 4 Jun 2021

This is fixed in the more recent build then this one.

Attached Files
      Last edited by bdancer; 12-10-2021, 04:27 AM.
      V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
      andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
      Support Request

Comment

Thanks for the info bdancer! I'll request our pipeline to get a later build for us.

Comment

Cool thanks
          Hristo Velev
          MD/FX Lead, Bottleship VFX
          Sofia, Bulgaria

Comment

Working...
          X