Cryptomatte

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cryptomatte

It's been a while since I used Cryptomattes in v-ray Houdini and Nuke. V-ray seems to render the passes, but as soon as I drop down a Cryptomatte node in nuke 13 (the built-in crypto matte) I'm unable to pick the mattes. It just goes black. A trick or something obvious I'm missing? Thanks

Check that you haven't got the old cryptomatte still loading as well. They seem to clash and break things.

Comment

thanks, yeah we've been through that slog as well. Unfortunately we also tried on a virgin nuke install. same behavior.

Comment

yeah, redshift crypto mattes work fine. something strange with the v-ray ones

Comment

Cryptomatte seems to work on my side.
          Can you share some more info, Houdini,OS and V-Ray versions? Is it Solaris ? May be a hip file?
          Georgy Chakarov | QA
          www.chaosgroup.com
          georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hi Georgy. Thanks, here's a .zip with a .hip and a .nk file. v-ray generates a cryptomatte, but I'm not able to pick the mattes in nuke. Windows.

Houdini 19.0.531
            v-ray 5.20.20
            Nuke 13.1

Attached Files

Comment

It's the output file name pattern, if you have "$AOV" tag in it V-Ray will save every channel in separate file The problem is that every cryptomatte layer is saved in a separate file and I think there is no working solution to combine them in a useful way. So you just need to remove $AOV tag from filename and V-Ray will save all the elements in a single file and the cryptomatte will work in nuke.
              Georgy Chakarov | QA
              www.chaosgroup.com
              georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com

Comment

aha! I guess I never noticed that $AOV was part of the default output field in the v-ray ROP. Has it always been? Interesting. Anyway, thanks! Works perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                X