Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Gosho,

Thank you for your reply.
    The issue that I encounter is not related to IPR and missing geometry but failed to load all the UDIM textures before rendering, the textures are not fully loaded before rendering started. This happened in both Vray for Houdini 19.0 and 19.5. We are frustrated because the issue happens quite frequently, almost 50% of the frames would have this error. Each time we need to check each frame to find out the frame with the error and resubmit until all frames are good.
    We've been using Vray for 10 years and we are very pleased with the performance and quality of Vray, thus we decided to keep using Vray when we change our DCC from 3dsmax to Houdini but now I am really worry about this issue. The support team said they can't provide help since we are using Deadline for the network rendering. Could you pleaae advice how should we solve this issue?

Thank you.
    Last edited by juleslin; 02-06-2023, 09:24 PM.

Comment

> Could you pleaae advice how should we solve this issue?

The next nightly build will default VRAY_UNC_TIMEOUT to 0, essentially disabling any timeouts by default.
      Lets see if this will help with your issue...
      V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
      andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
      Support Request

Comment

Thank you bdancer,

Am I able to add this in my houdini.env and test it in the version that i am using? Is it a new feature?

Thank you

Comment

> Am I able to add this in my houdini.env and test it in the version that i am using? Is it a new feature?

I was sure you've already tried this since I've suggested this a few answers above, but with the version you are using setting it to 0 won't completely disable it,
          but you may try setting some big value (value is milliseconds).
          With the latest builds setting it to 0 will completely disable timeouts.
          Support Request

Comment

We just tried it in the render farm, it doesn't decrease the chance of failure texture loading, but on the other hand, some of the workstations would be failed to render any texture.
            May I know when the nightly build will be ready for download?

Comment

> May I know when the nightly build will be ready for download?

It's already there.
              Support Request

Comment

We've tested it, it could render without error with two render node (machine) from the farm, but when we expand to 10 render node, some of the render would fail, approximately 10% chance to fail. At the same time, we've enhanced our network connection speed but unfortunately, it wouldn't help.
                We are quite sure this error is related to number of Udim and number of render node that run at the same time. Do you have any suggestion how can this be fixed?

Thank you bdancer

Comment

> We are quite sure this error is related to number of Udim and number of render node that run at the same time.

And what's the number of udims/nodes? Any luck to send some NDA scene to us?
                  Support Request

Comment

I will see if I can arrange the scene and that would be great if you can test it for us. May I know if you have a render farm with 10 render nodes (machines) that are managed by the Deadline for the test? Because the issue happened when rendering using a render farm.

Comment

> May I know if you have a render farm with 10 render nodes (machines) that are managed by the Deadline for the test?

I'll check with the QA team if we already have, but if we don't we'll setup smth.
                      Support Request

Comment

We dont have any issues anymore but we render on linux.

EDIT: Ignore this, missed the whole second page of the thread.

Comment

Working...
                        X