Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (open)[HOU-3728]Aerial perspective sun bug

Hi,
    I'm trying to render a scene using a vraySunLight together with the Aerial Perspective effect.
    The resulting atmosphere does not match the angle of the light. Seems to me like some transform math is just off, it doesn't seem to just be a rotation 'offset'.

I've replicated the issue in a basic scene.
    https://www.dropbox.com/t/rAVmsSoZLRn3fv8w

There's some geo and a vraySunLight pointing straight down. When rendering without the aerial perspective you can see that everything is top lit.
    When turning the aerial perspective on the rendered atmosphere and Inscattered light seems to come from a 90 degree angle.

Seems like a bug to me, but if I'm missing something let me know.

Attached Files
    Last edited by chakarov; 21-03-2023, 02:17 AM.

Hello stereocolor_ab , sorry for late replay. I've reproduced and reported the issue. This is not the sunlight, shadows are were they should be. The highlight seems to be affected by scene scale and aerial perspective settings.
    Georgy Chakarov | QA
    www.chaosgroup.com
    georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hey Georgy,
      Yea, the direct light seems to be correct, but the atmos and inscattered light from the aerial perspective don't behave as expected.

Is there also an issue with the scene scale? Was there something I did wrong in my test scene?

Comment

The scene scale shouldn't be an issue, we are still investigating what is causing this wrong highlight.
        Georgy Chakarov | QA
        www.chaosgroup.com
        georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
        X