Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houdini Crash trying Cosmos Import

Hi everyone,

I have been impressed with the vray integration in Houdini since starting the trial a few weeks ago. However, Houdini crashes when I click the green "Import" button in Cosmos Browser after downloading the asset. When I reopen my hip file the asset is still not been imported.

I've tried this with the latest vray nightly build for Houdini version 19.5.534 and 19.5.435. I tried it with model assets and hdri assets. I also tried uninstalling houdini, vray and my other plugins and reinstalling houdini with vray as the only plugin but nothing works.

In the meantime, the assets are downloaded into the "/Documents/Chaos Cosmos/Packages/" folder and I can import the .vrmesh files scene but I can't figure out how to assign the .vrmat files to them, let alone any of the other vray shaders or image textures.

I'm really hoping that someone can help me with my issue so that I can continue building my vray knowledge and experience.

Thank you,

Lucas

1. Any specific asset you are trying to import? I've tried importing 5 different assets - no crash for me...
    2. What is your OS?
    3. Coudl you pls copy data from TopMenuBar -> V-Ray -> About V-Ray?
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Comment

1. No asset in particular. I've tried the first several under the vegetation category.
      2. I'm on Windows 11.
      3. V-Ray for Houdini number:22339 hash:4763aa1 from 22 Mar 2023 00:47
      V-Ray Core 6.00.21 [a8ab09a9] from 21 Mar 2023​

As for the other issue, I've found that I can assign materials fine when using a render rop in the out context instead of solaris.

Comment

> No asset in particular. I've tried the first several under the vegetation category.

Well, I hope QAs will be able to reproduce this because it works fine for me...

> I've found that I can assign materials fine when using a render rop in the out context instead of solaris.

Yes, Cosmos is not yet ready for Solaris....
        Support Request

Comment

I hope that they can reproduce this as well. Please let me know if there is any other information I can supply that may help us track down why this is happening.

I apologize for not understanding that Cosmos is not ready for Solaris. I read on the V-Ray for Solaris documentation that it supports V-Ray Proxy, so I assumed that I would be able to assign materials to .vrmesh objects in the Solaris context.

the documentation page is here: https://docs.chaos.com/display/VRAYH...nd+Limitations

Comment

> I read on the V-Ray for Solaris documentation that it supports V-Ray Proxy

The Hydra delegate itself supports GeomMeshFile however Solaris can't translate third-party geometry primitives which VRayProxyRef is...
            We'll try to figure our smth though...
            Support Request

Comment

Greatly appreciated.

Comment

Dear lucas_galante1​, hello.

I have answered you in the opened ticket.

After further testing I could now approve that it is happening with our latest stable builds (V-Ray 6 for Houdini / stable / 6.0 / 20230322)​, but not with latest nightlies.
                With the provided e-mail address I am finding only Chaos Player Annual license. Let's clear out the details in the ticket and solve this out.

Best regards,
                TS
                Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
                3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

As an update - the issue is now solved in latest stables ( V-Ray 6 for Houdini / stable / 6.0 / 20230328 ) too.
                  Feel free to use them crashless.
                  Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
                  3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Working...
                  X