Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(fixed)[HOU-3733]Vray standalone rendering in CPU when the scene is exported to render in GPU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (fixed)[HOU-3733]Vray standalone rendering in CPU when the scene is exported to render in GPU

I want to render an exported scene in GPU mode to deadline but looking at the performance monitor in the slave computer I see that is rendering in CPU mode.

Is this a lready a known problem or maybe I`m doing something wrong?
    www.gaell.com

Hey gagui,

I think the following will solve your problem:
    https://docs.chaos.com/display/VNS/V...d+Line+Options

In your Deadline ROP Should be somewhere a Parameter called "Command Line Args​"
    In there you can put the Parameters from the Link above which are then executed by the renderer.

In your case it would be "-rtEngine=​ 5" for CUDA or "-rtEngine=​7" for RTX I guess.

Cheers!

Comment

Hi guys, looks like "Command Line Args" set in our vrayDeadline ROP are not provided to Deadline Job. I've reported that in our system. As workaround you could use native deadline rop, everything seems to work there.
      Georgy Chakarov | QA
      www.chaosgroup.com
      georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hey chakarov,

thanks for the hint!

I always used the one from AWS because someone at Chaos wrote somewhere in the Forum that the submitter from Chaos is not working properly because AWS was not interested in a co-op to make a solid submitter together.
        And because of that I can quess Chaos has withdraw resources which are more useful somewhere else.

You can see the difference between both, a few features work better with one and other with the other. But none is perfect . I can remember that for example the Chaos Submitter submits the "Frames per Task" correct but the AWS don't. AWS submitter always just makes 1 frame per task. I have to say I don't use Vray 6 so maybe some features are improved now.

Comment

Hello again guys, the issue is fixed, even the render engine is now automatically get from ROP and provided to deadline, so no need of extra command line attributes to specify render engine.
          Georgy Chakarov | QA
          www.chaosgroup.com
          georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Great!! Thanks Chakarov.
            www.gaell.com

Comment

Working...
            X