Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ocio tab not functioning

Hi,

I have notices, that ocio is not working when doing it through the ocio tab on the imagefile node (and also not the standalone TexOCIO node). It does work when doing it through RGB Primaries though. Can this be fixed to keep older scenes/assets render correctly. This is on the latest nightlies (and older stables) of vray6.

I don't see any changes regarding OCIO tab, could you send me a scene that doesn't work?
    And which "older" we are talking about? V-Ray 5.x?
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Comment

yes, with older I meant vray5.x. attached you see a simple example rendered in vray5 and vray6. the left grid uses ocio, the right grid has it switch off (and had it worked through the primaries). Also attached is the scene that produced those two images.
      Attached Files

Comment

I don't see any issues, TexOCIO is exported and set correctly...
        Support Request

Comment

Well it renders differently between vray versions, isn't that an issue? This is on the same machine, same ocio profiles, same environment variable etc.

Comment

> Well it renders differently between vray versions, isn't that an issue?

If it was working wrong then I don't think so. Not sure it's a good idea to keep bugs...
            In this particular case it's the "Auto Transfer Function from Filename" toggle that was removed from V-Ray 6.
            It was causing a lot of issue and this one is exactly it, that's why it was removed...
            Last edited by bdancer; 27-04-2023, 07:21 AM.
            Support Request

Comment

Ah ok, so you are saying that it was not correct the way it was in vray5?

Comment

but also in vray5 it doesn make a difference if "Auto Transfer Function from Filename" is turned on or off. It looks the same either way.

Comment

> Ah ok, so you are saying that it was not correct the way it was in vray5?

Unfortunately, yes... In stable builds, 5.x nightlies do not have this issue.
                  And I think I'll pick the fix (HOU-3529) to the stable nightlies as well...
                  Last edited by bdancer; 27-04-2023, 07:33 AM.
                  Support Request

Comment

Working...
                  X