VrayDeadline submitter node, to much info in job name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayDeadline submitter node, to much info in job name

Hi there, i noticed a small issue which might be fixed in a nightly but i thought i ask quickly.

When Submitting a ROP to Deadline via the vrayDeadline submitter node i specify for the job name only ${ROP_NAME}. So my job should appear in Deadline as "WTGT_010-040_TEST_v1".
    But instead i get a lot of unnecessary extra info like the path to the ropnet and the frame range...

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	3.3 KB ID:	1179238

is this a known issue?​

Houdin version: 19.5.435
    Vray version: V-Ray Core 6.00.21 [52f66362] from 10 Apr 2023
    Last edited by möbius; 27-04-2023, 05:13 AM.

Hey @möbius

A few years ago Thinkbox had no V-Ray support in Houdini during the Beta and early release so we implemented our own submitter. Eventually, an 'official' submitter was implemented by the Deadline folks and we are hoping people would move towards using that as they are the ones with the expertise to support Deadline the proper way.
    I would definitely suggest giving the nodes shipped by Thinkbox a try - we are hoping to eventually deprecate the node shipped with the V-Ray builds.

Best regards!
    gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hey Gosho,

i see, i actually thought the vray submitter was the newer one... thanks! i'll try the Dealine submitter than.

cheers,
      Markus

Comment

Next nighlty won't append frames by default, but will substitute new vars:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	03_05_2023_11-34-18.png
Views:	101
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	1179752
        Attached Files
        V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
        andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
        Support Request

Comment

Awesome, Thanks!

Because i just checked our Deadline version. The one we use at the moment does not support our current Houdini version, so i won't be able to use the original Deadline submitter for now.
          Appart from that i find the VrayDeadline submitter does the job quite well, so untill the day comes where we manage to update our Deadline i stick with your version.

Comment

Working...
          X