Mac M1
    Houdini 19.5.640
    Vray latest nightly for Arm64
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 12.06.17 AM.png
Views:	218
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	1184620
    Also I've noticed that the install puts vray_for_houdini.json not in /Users/[use]/Library/Preferences/houdini/19.5.
    Also I've noticed there no installation help document available (in contrast to the Windows version).

Any advice?

Hey vladislav_dunev ,

Indeed, we place the .json file in the Houdini installation folder as each build is made for a specific version of Houdini. The documents folder is shared for the entire major release. The documentation can be found here: https://docs.chaos.com/display/VRAYHOUDINI/Installation

As to the python modules issue at hand - it's possible the issue is on our end. We'll check and get back to you.

Best regards!

gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hi Gosho.Genchev,

Indeed, we place the .json file in the Houdini installation folder as each build is made for a specific version of Houdini. The documents folder is shared for the entire major release. The documentation can be found here: https://docs.chaos.com/display/VRAYHOUDINI/Installation
      ah, in this case .json file location makes sense, thanks for the clarification.

And about the python - looking forward to your answer.

Comment

Gosho.Genchev,
        were you able to find out something about the Python "module not found" problem?

While we're at it, what is the proper uninstall and update procedure. There are 2 uninstall* files in vray installer folder.

Comment

Hey vladislav_dunev ,

I vaguely recall the support team mentioning there was a ticket open with them on your end, and the python problem being resolved - is this thread still valid, and should I look into it?

As to the uninstall process - we ship an executable under the V-Ray installation folder (by default): /Chaos Group/V-Ray/Houdini 19.5.435/uninstall
          If simply updating to a more recent build, everything should be handled automatically by the installer.

Best regards!
          gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
          X