V-Ray python error on MacOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray python error on MacOS

V-ray 6.10.xx, MacOS Ventura, M1 processor.

Vray installs seemingly Ok, I edit the INSTALL_ROOT var, and Houdiji launches as expected, showing the V-Ray menu.

Sadly, the only thing I get is "V-Ray Python 3.9 module is not found!"

The python modules seem in the correct places, and the Houdini version is 19.5.605 Py3.9.
    I'm using the Arm version of V-ray.
    Additionally tried with latest nightlies and with the oficial one.
    Also tried with non-Arm v-ray. Aslo tried with V-Ray 5.xx.

Any help on how to get V-Ray up and running?

Also, please refer suppot ticket #134524. ​

Dear vla_dunev, hello.

Welcome to Chaos Forums from me too.
    You have reported the same here and here.

I am able to reproduce the described behavior only on macOS Intel Houdini 19.5.605 with V-Ray arm64 build installed.
    If I choose vray_adv_61009_houdini19.5.605_bd60f1d_22446_insta ll_mac.zip​ with this the same non-Apple Silicon build of Houdini - everything is working as expected.

I just checked also on Apple Silicon build Houdini 19.5.640 and latest nightly builds - everything is working fine.

Could we please start from the type of the installed Houdini build and then install the right V-Ray build for it.

Waiting for your answer.

Best regards,
    TS​
    Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
    3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Hi tsvetomira.girginova,
      I've tried vray_adv_61009_houdini19.5.605_bd60f1d_22446_insta ll_mac.zip​ , same result.

Here's a screen:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-07-07 at 11.07.31 AM.png
Views:	117
Size:	731.8 KB
ID:	1185564

Comment

I'm not especially into MacOS inner workings, but I suppose that either there are some leftovers from a previous V-Ray installation, as you can see on the attached image, or there is something in Ventura 13.4.1 that is blocking specific python modules.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2023-07-07 at 11.32.00 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	198.1 KB ID:	1185568
        Last edited by vla_dunev; 07-07-2023, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Solved.
          So, obviously, Houdini and Vray MUST be Arm versions (which they were). What solved it was to completely uninstall and delete any traces of Houdini and Chaos software, REBOOT and then reinstall.
          And now I can get it to an error state and back to working state by installing Intel (module not found...) and Arm version (all works).

On a sidenote, if we could have a better uninstaller. Right now we have both Uninstall and uninstaller in the V-Ray uninstall folder. If I run Uninstaller V-ray gets into a screwed half-uninstalled state.

Thank you for your support.

Comment

Working...
          X