Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Material Normal Map

Hello!

I'm working on a new project with houdini and I'm getting a problem I didn't seem to get before. Let me explain.

Whenever I plug my normal maps into my VrayMTL, even tho I play with the Bump Amount, it doesnt change in my render... the only way for it to change is that I change the bump amount, save and the reopen houdini.. Which is a bit bothersome... Any ideas to why it does that? I'm using ACEScg, may it be the problem?

Hello andrew_cyrmarcoux

Please, send us the hip file to investigate further. You can do it either here or by submitting request to our platform: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    Please, do not forget to include any assets, textures or HDRIs that the scene needs.

Additionally, make sure to include the Houdini and V-Ray versions you are using as well as a video recording showing us the situation.

Comment

I have seen the same behaviour

Comment

andrew_cyrmarcouxronald_a​ tnx! Will work better in the next nightly.
        V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
        andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
        Support Request

Comment

bdancer Any ideas when this will be updated?

Comment

This was fixed in the builds the next day after my previous message.
            V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
            andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
            Support Request

Comment

Hi andrew_cyrmarcoux​,

We haven't received any additional information from you via ticket (versions, a recording or a scene).
              Please share the details, as my colleagues requested.

For every report initial is to know:
              • exact Houdini version
              • OS type and version
              • exact V-Ray for Houdini version (please use Copy to Clipboard from V-Ray > About V-Ray and paste the information here)
              This ensures a starter info pack for us to reproduce any strange behaviour and try to fix it for you.
              Andrei made some changes after you started this thread, so please navigate us to your current situation to understand is there something more to cover.

Best regards,
              TS
              Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
              3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

bdancer tsvetomira.girginova No problem, didn't know what nightlies where. So I was waiting for some kind of update when going downloading Houdini from the Chaos website... But I found out the Nightlies Download page! Thank you very much!

Comment

You are welcome! Don't worry. Feel free to ask if something is unclear.

Please test with some of our latest builds and confirm that everything is working fine.
                  Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
                  3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Working...
                  X