Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

render packed geometry with rayserver instancer does not work with Cd user attribute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• render packed geometry with rayserver instancer does not work with Cd user attribute

I'd like to utilize the rayserver Instancer to render my scene because of the significantly reduced size of the V-Ray scene. However, when I activate the rayserver, I seem to lose my shading. Is there a particular setting that might be missing in my scene ? I'm use Cd attribute for shading.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	houdini_0fNDnjy3u6.png Views:	0 Size:	59.3 KB ID:	1191816 Click image for larger version  Name:	ApplicationFrameHost_CSNkrfDqs5.png Views:	0 Size:	1.15 MB ID:	1191821 Click image for larger version  Name:	ApplicationFrameHost_ZIsFJYtHvO.png Views:	0 Size:	946.0 KB ID:	1191819

I found also https://forums.chaos.com/forum/v-ray...rver-instancer this post. This might be the same issue but there was no solution and its from 2021.

kind regards,
    Jon​
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jon3D; 27-09-2023, 03:15 AM. Reason: gif was not working

Not sure which VFH version are you using, but this scene works fine for me with rayserver.
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Comment

ah....yes it may be a few weeks old. Actually I do not know how to find out the exact nightly build. Is this information telling it?

from about vray:
      #
      V-Ray for Houdini number:22372 hash:c42a618 from 20 Apr 2023 01:35
      V-Ray Core 6.00.21 [52f66362] from 10 Apr 2023​
      #

I will try a newer nightly.

Comment

Works now with newest nightly build.

Comment

Working...
        X