Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motion blur not rendering

Hi Guys,
    I tried to render differents motion blur on my scene ( particles, Smoke sim, Geometry) but not effect visible at all..
    I setup in the camera, I tried to add trail node for the geo..
    I tried to find some identical issues on the forum or internet, with or without motion blur the render has the same look....
    Here some printscreen.. If your have any ideas to solve it.. THANKS!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sbastien_levieux; 28-09-2023, 04:55 AM.

Hello,

Please make sure that "Use Velocity Blur" is enabled under the Render tab -> Sampling of the Geometry node.
    A couple of notes:
    1. The Physical Camera controls override the Render Settings options for motion blur. If you're using a Physical Camera, you can reduce* the shutter speed a lot to make sure motion blur is working; you can then tweak the exposure/ISO value if needed.
    2. Caching to Alembic and VDB would greatly speed up your time to first pixel - I promise that the warning is not just for show

Best regards!
    gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gosho.Genchev View Post
      Hello,

Please make sure that "Use Velocity Blur" is enabled under the Render tab -> Sampling of the Geometry node.
      A couple of notes:
      1. The Physical Camera controls override the Render Settings options for motion blur. If you're using a Physical Camera, you can reduce* the shutter speed a lot to make sure motion blur is working; you can then tweak the exposure/ISO value if needed.
      2. Caching to Alembic and VDB would greatly speed up your time to first pixel - I promise that the warning is not just for show

Best regards!
      Thank you Gosho, it work better with a lower shutter speed
      Can you check my printscreen for caching to Alembic and VDB, I am sure I am wrong....I have no mothing blur in the smoke
      Best,
      Sebastien
      Attached Files
      Last edited by sbastien_levieux; 28-09-2023, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Hello,

On the File Cache SOP, you can try setting the "Load" type to "Packed Disk Primitive" instead of "All Geometry", and the "Display" (in the same tab) to "Full Geometry" if that's more convenient.
        You can also try increasing the "Multiplier" on the Volume Grid Shader -> Rendering -> Motion Blur tab - maybe the velocity is too low for the motion blur effect to show in your smoke?

Best regards!

Comment

Hello,

On the File Cache SOP, you can try setting the "Load" type to "Packed Disk Primitive" instead of "All Geometry", and the "Display" (in the same tab) to "Full Geometry" if that's more convenient.
          You can also try increasing the "Multiplier" on the Volume Grid Shader -> Rendering -> Motion Blur tab - maybe the velocity is too low for the motion blur effect to show in your smoke?

Best regards!
          Thank you for helping! I can't find the "Packed Disk Primitive" in the file node...
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

I was talking about the File Cache SOP from your previous message, here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	chrome_2023-09-28_18-43-40.png
Views:	133
Size:	530.4 KB
ID:	1191985

Best regards!

Comment

Hello,

I was talking about the File Cache SOP from your previous message, here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	chrome_2023-09-28_18-43-40.png
Views:	133
Size:	530.4 KB
ID:	1191985

Best regards!
              ok! Thank you!

Comment

Working...
              X