No announcement yet.

(Resolved) [HOU-4032] Packed Alembics not assigning materials anymore - again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Resolved) [HOU-4032] Packed Alembics not assigning materials anymore - again

Hi there...

i saw this was an issue in 2022 already so i highjacked the title.
    The problem is, materials are not assigned anymore with on packed Alembics. We used to export Alembic files from Houdini, import it back and then paste the material path into "Forced Materials" in the Objects tab of the Vray render node.
    It used to work with a pervious version of Vray though i can't remember which one it was. We tried it with the latest stable version "Build 6.10.0" and it doesn't work there either.
    A test file is attached.

Would be awesome if you could look into it, that feature is desperately needed
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gosho.Genchev; 17-11-2023, 06:39 AM.

Hey möbius ,

Indeed, it appears there is something unusual going on - oddly enough, the materials started exporting for me after saving the test scene in a different location and re-exporting the alembic. Initially I assumed it might be a bad setup but there's clearly a glitch there. I've logged this under HOU-4032.

Thank you!
    gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Awesome, thank you!

Comment

Hey möbius ,

I've misled you - the issue here is that individual VOP nodes are being used - we've never supported those for the baked shop_materialpath, only V-Ray Material Builder nodes.

Best regards!
        gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
        X