Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• houdini gpu memory error

when i enable vray ipr rendering
    Every time you adjust the lighting or material, the texture will be reloaded.
    As a result, the usage of video memory continues to increase and finally reaches the limit of video memory.
    I am using the latest updated version of houdini20 vray6.1
    Hope this issue can be resolved
    Thank you so much​

Hey maya_bug ,

I'm having a very hard time reproducing this - I'd absolutely appreciate a few pointers:

- are you on Windows, Linux or OSX?
    - what tool are you using to monitor the GPU memory?
    - is this Solaris or 'vanilla' Houdini?
    - what is the texture file format? Anything special about it, i.e. tiled EXR maybe?
    - do you have "Cache Bitmaps Between Renders" enabled in the Renderer ROP -> Options -> Textures?
    - could you please paste the ouput from Houdini Top Menu -> V-Ray -> About V-Ray -> Copy to Clipboard?

Best regards!
    gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gosho.Genchev View Post
      Hey maya_bug ,

I'm having a very hard time reproducing this - I'd absolutely appreciate a few pointers:

- are you on Windows, Linux or OSX?
      - what tool are you using to monitor the GPU memory?
      - is this Solaris or 'vanilla' Houdini?
      - what is the texture file format? Anything special about it, i.e. tiled EXR maybe?
      - do you have "Cache Bitmaps Between Renders" enabled in the Renderer ROP -> Options -> Textures?
      - could you please paste the ouput from Houdini Top Menu -> V-Ray -> About V-Ray -> Copy to Clipboard?

Best regards!
      -ubuntu 22.04 houdini20.547
      -vray frame bruf
      -houdini
      -use jpg
      -not use "Cache Bitmaps Between Renders"

Comment

Dear maya_bug​, hello.

Very important about any GPU related reports is to share the used Graphics Card type and currently installed driver version.

In addition, since V-Ray for Houdini is dynamically developed and nightly builds are available for usage, please define the exact V-Ray version (best will be to paste the information from V-Ray > About V-Ray).

Best regards,
        TS
        Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
        3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X