Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H20.590 latest nightlies Keeps crashing

Hello,

I just reinstalled vray while it gave me an error when installing i continued.
    Now vray keeps crashing with IPR a soon as i try to interact with houdini while ipr is running.
    The scene is just 2 millions particles

it is a new machine running on win11
    AMD tr7970x / 4090rtx /128gb ram

Can you please look into the issue or help me if there is a known issue with this set up

Thanks

Hello sami_tawil Thank you for contacting us! We are unable to reproduce it on our side. I have got couple of questions to help me investigate the matter further:

Is it correct to understand that you have installed a Nightly from 6th of February?
    If you install the previous nightly, does the crashes continue? Please, give it a try: https://nightlies.chaos.com/main#/vray6houdini/nightly

What was the error that you saw when installing V-Ray?
    - Please, reinstall it again making sure no error occurs. If you see one, please make a screenshot and send it to us.

Have you tried using IPR with other scenes?
    - Testing the IPR with other scenes ( simple and complicated ones ) will show us if we need to investigate deeper into the V-Ray build or your scene

Also, please, recreate the crash, get the crash log and send it to us. You can find it here: C:/Users/username/AppData/Local/Temp/houdini_temp

Looking forward to you reply

Comment

the installation went without error with latest nighlies
      I still get the crash as soon as i try to interact with materials of the camera
      I cannot find a crash_log file in the houdini temp

Could the issue be related to permissions on windows?

EDIT:Same issue with h20.547
      Last edited by sami_tawil; 06-02-2024, 12:19 AM.

Comment

If i use VFB simply for rendering it works, only the ipr mode gives issues

Comment

i started copying each geo nodes one by one to a new session, it was working until i restart the session, and the problem came back.
          Sincerly i don't know
          I am using axiom could there be an issue there?

It is definitely related to some node, i deleted all geo node containing axiom and it works now.
          Last edited by sami_tawil; 06-02-2024, 01:09 AM.

Comment

sami_tawil Could you please make sure to test with other scenes if the IPR works. If the crash reproduces only with one scene, please, share the scene with us so we can investigate further.

Please, pack your scene ( V-Ray > Pack scene ) and send it either here or by Submitting a request to our system: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
            Last edited by viktor_angelov; 06-02-2024, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X