Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using cop texture as light source

Hey there.

I have a texture created in COPS which I want to use inside a Vray ligh as a texture map.
    When I put the path into the light texutre Vray crashes every time. Is there a different way to do this?

Thanks!
    Last edited by edwin_fuhrmann; 18-02-2024, 09:45 AM.

Try a newer Vray version, for me, it's working fine as you can see. I am using 6.2

Attached Files

Comment

> When I put the path into the light texutre Vray crashes every time.

We'll have to fix this. Any chance to share .hip file with us?
      V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
      andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
      Support Request

Comment

hm weird because i am also on version 6.2. I tried uploading the hip.ile via the "upload attachments" button but it errors every time with "error uploading image".
        or is there an other way doing this. sorry, first time asking stuff here.

Comment

Hey edwin_fuhrmann ,

Yeah, the forum backend likes ZIP files You can simply zip the Houdini file and upload it.

Best regards!
          gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Ahhh. thats good to know. Here is the file than. Thanks for the info
            Attached Files

Comment

Hey edwin_fuhrmann ,

Thank you for the file!

There appears to be no crash for me using the Update 2 release build. I suppose that's good news in case you can update.
              If updating the build is not an option, the only thing I could suggest is using a ROP Output node to save the textures from COPs on disk.

Best regards!
              gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

No crash for me, but no illumination either, op-texture is baked out correctly though...
                Support Request

Comment

update from my side: when i use the vray render instead of the ipr it works now and does not crash anymore. i loaded the texuture into a COP net to load it from there but its still not displaying the right pattern. It does something when turned on and off (lighter /darker) but the pattern gets los.
                  any help would be very nice. updated hip is attached. thanks so far!
                  Attached Files

Comment

> but the pattern gets los.

Do you expect this to work like a projector texture?
                    I'm not sure rectangular light could do that... you could play around with directional settings though...
                    Support Request

Comment

goal is something like this; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HUUsl8a7Oc
                      coming from Redshift you can just put the filepath into the texture and get the pattern but i am rather new to Vray and dont know how to apply it there.

Comment

It works the same way in Vray.

As bdancer said either use the directionality of the rectangular light or a spotlight. If you want to have that foggy look, add a Vray env fog node as an environment in the ROP

Attached Files

Comment

ahh the directional was not high enough. thanks for the help though, still have to figure some stuff out in vray.

Comment

Working...
                          X