Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bump map not working

Hi,

the newest nighly I used gives me an error: Warning: Unsupported bump type(6) in "material_name"

I tried to render a old file and it won't render the bump on it.

Bump map is very weak in the old you might not see it without zooming in.

anyone having the same problems?

Looks like all the Dev's are on Vray 7

Comment

V-Ray for Houdini number:22687 hash:b4cd6d2 from 04 Apr 2024 03:28
      V-Ray Core 6.20.05 [2f5d1705] from 29 Mar 2024

Seams to work fine

Comment

Hi tobiasroesli thank you for letting us know. Could you please share the file with us so we can take a look?

Does it happen with a new scene as well?

Comment

Hey viktor_angelov

I need some time to test it any further. I can provide you the files Friday/Saturday.

Cheers

Comment

Thank you tobiasroesli Looking forward to you sending the files.

Comment

Hello tobiasroesli , renders for new V-Ray build and the one from April are the same, warning message also.
              Georgy Chakarov | QA
              www.chaosgroup.com
              georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hi viktor_angelov chakarov

I send the files to georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com​ and support@chaosgroup.com.

I rendered the project with the Houdini nighly version 22687 and it all worked.
                My customer then asked for some additional renderings and I was on nighly build 22702 that time but all the bump maps were not working.

Cheers

Comment

tobiasroesli Thank you for sharing the files with us! We will investigate further and let you know what we find.

Comment

Hello tobiasroesli as we discussed in the ticket this will soon be working the way you expect. The matter has been logged into our system [HOU-4253]

Comment

Hi viktor_angelov thanks, I used an older build to render it but it's good to know that this may occur with older scenes and bump map / triplanar.

Thanks for the help!

Just for the records if anyone having this problems. This was written from viktor_angelov in my support ticket:

Hello Tobias,

I have discussed the matter with the Dev team. To make it more accurate and internally organized, this past month, changes in the Triplanar had been done. This is leading to a different final outcome for certain old scenes with Bump Map in it.

What we can offer is to render with an older build or re-do the Bump.

You can find the Houdini Stable builds here: https://nightlies.chaos.com/main#/vr...ini/stable/6.2

Cheers

Comment

Hi viktor_angelov

looks like the fix is working!

I tried it with:
                        V-Ray for Houdini number:22709 hash:a111b12 from 22 May 2024 01:49
                        V-Ray Core 6.20.09 [c1cbe3bc] from 21 May 2024​

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!

Comment

Thank you for sharing tobiasroesli That's great news! We are glad to help

Comment

Working...
                          X