No announcement yet.

Render vray scene file from Solaris Context for rendering with vray standalone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render vray scene file from Solaris Context for rendering with vray standalone

Hi,
    I have a houdini indie license and 5 vray rendernodes. So far I have exported vray scene files from vray rop networks and rendered them with vray standalone, in order to utilize the rendernodes.
    Is this also possible to export vray scene files from the solaris context?

Thx in advance
    Christian

1. Is this also possible to export vray scene files from the solaris context?

Yes, it's possible, but not recommended (for instance, it's absolutely not possible to export animation into a single file).
    Check render settings, there are export controls.

2. Why not using husk on render nodes? Render delegate will utilize render node license in this case.
    Last edited by bdancer; 28-10-2022, 12:40 AM.
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Comment

Thanks Bdancer,
      this is totally superb. Now I only write tiny USD`s instead of giga vrscenes. I have so many blindspots ... this is huge for my daily work and life.
      Cheers Christian

Comment

bumba out of interest: are you using any kind of rendermanager?

Comment

I used smedge from ueberware. But it does not nativly support husk yet. But the developer is working on it. (theoretically one could allready configure it, but I will batch my way through this for now).

Comment

Deadline is free now and very powerful and flexible.

Comment

Yes, but does it work with solaris and vray allready?

Comment

yeah, it does not and thats really the reason we are not using it (solaris) until now. I wonder if anybody is using deadline with solaris and vray (or as a matter deadline with solaris at all). development seems to have stopped completely after it turned free which really sucks. alternatives seem to be very sparse.

Comment

Hi ronald_a,
                  I got husk to work with smedge from uberware. It has a generic script option.
                  The following job command does it for me:
                  "C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 19.5.403\bin\husk.exe" -f $(SubRange.Start) -n $(PacketSize) -R HdVRayRendererPlugin --output "M:\...\render\P1\<F4>.exr" "M:\...\geo\P1\P1.usd"
                  So my little renderfarm is working right now with my vray rendernodes ...

Comment

I was using Deadline with Husk for Karma for rendering some oceans. I had to throw together a home made submission script however.

Comment

Working...
                    X