Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(open)[HOU-3491]Fog volumeGrid Fire (set to density) is ignored on karma rendersetings node

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (open)[HOU-3491]Fog volumeGrid Fire (set to density) is ignored on karma rendersetings node

Hi,
    I created a simple vdb fog in sopcreate, attached a volumegrid with density binding in the fire field.
    The fire is rendered with vray (fire_on.png)
    until I come to the the karma settings.If I turn the visebillety flag on the karma settings vray ignores the fire and only renders the smoke ... (fire_of.png).
    I also disabled the smode field, but then the fog would simply not render.

The fire contribution disapears and only the smoke remains.
    Basigly I wanted an emissive fog ...

I attached a hipfile and I used todays nightlie.

Cheers and thanks
    Attached Files

I'm not sure I follow why you are using Karma render settings with V-Ray, but we'll definitely check the .hip file...
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Comment

Hello bumba, this is a recently found issue were emission volume is not respected by lpe. In karmarop lop there is "Beauty" element enabled which is basically an lpe, if you run husk render the emission volume will be rendered in rgb, but won't exist in lpe element. The reason it is not rendered in viewport is that when render elements are set, viewport shows only them - no rgb pass.
      Georgy Chakarov | QA
      www.chaosgroup.com
      georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Thanks, bdancer and chakarov.
        Eliminating the redundant Karma render settings node solves my self inflicted problem.
        Outch

Comment

Working...
        X