Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• batch error, renderin only 1 frame

Hi,
    I am writing out an USD and try to batch render a squence with husk.
    I dispatch the rendering with this command in the cmd:
    "...husk.exe" -f 1 -n 3 -i 1 -R HdVRayRendererPlugin "M:\.\renderBat_v01.usd_rop1.usd"

I am receiving the following error:
    [2022/Nov/07|14:28:57] [info] Setting render mode to "Production CPU"
    [14:28:57] Error: Output file '' should have variables​
    [2022/Nov/07|14:29:03] [info] Production rendering done for frame 1

I attached a very simple scene and the USD

Only the first frame gets rendered.

THX in advance
    Cheers
    Attached Files

For husk output image path should contain frame tag in <> form not in ${}:

https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/ref/utils/husk.html check section about "--output"

(or this post https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/7...=1#post-319443)

PS: If some message it not started with "[2022/Nov/07|14:28:57] []" it is most probably Houdini/Solaris/husk message (not from V-Ray Hydra delegate).
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Comment

No, that does not fix the problem for me.
      rendersettings1 -> output ->
      I tried 3 different styles:
      default is:
      ${HIP}/render/${HIPNAME}.<frame04>.exr
      ${HIP}/render/${HIPNAME}.<F4>.exr
      and the one you allready corrected

Both do not render a sequence.

I attached 2 images of my errors.
      Attached Files

Comment

You don't need to use V-Ray image output, it's added only for debug and some other "non-standard" purposes.
        You need to set it at the native Solaris/Hydra output - at the render ROP "Override Output Image" parameter.
        Support Request

Comment

For Karma the followng workflow works for me:
          A: Export USD wiht USD ROP
          B: Use Husk to Render USD

Do set it up I just need to drop down a Karma node. The KARMARENDERETTINGS node and the USD_RENDER_ROP are generated and connected automatically. I attach an USD ROP to the KARMARENDERETTINGS and I am done.
          I can batch render with husk multiple image files with the USD file.
          "husk.exe" -f 1 -n 50

So I tried to copy this workflow for vray.
          Instead of the KARMARENDERETTINGS I use RENDRESETTING node. But there is a difference in the nodes. RENDERSETTINGS does not have an Output Picture Field like KARMARENDERETTINGS has.
          That was the reason why I tried to set the output path in the RENDERSETTINGS > OUTPUT FILE PATH field.

With this setup I can render 1 frame only. The Vray Husk Renderbat stops after the first frame, ignoring the -n flag in the bat file.

husk.exe" -f 1 -n 2 -i 1 -R HdVRayRendererPlugin

So in order to render 200 frames, I would have to write 200 batch commands. For example:
          husk.exe" -f 1 -R HdVRayRendererPlugin
          husk.exe" -f 2 -R HdVRayRendererPlugin
          husk.exe" -f 3 -R HdVRayRendererPlugin ...

I must be missing something fundamental (again) ...
          A example scene would help me big time.

Thx and cheers.
          Christian

Comment

So I started an usdrender Rop from the houdini interface yesterday. The last image finsished at 3.18 in the morning. Now it is 9.11, but there is still some python evaluating going on. (image attached) I just wonder, whether this might be related. As if something does catch the end of something?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-08 091603.png
Views:	284
Size:	438.2 KB
ID:	1164572
            Attached Files

Comment

Have you checked my comment about the --output?

This is what I did.
              1. Written the scene with USD ROP.
              2. Started husk -f 1 -n 10 --renderer HdVRayRendererPlugin --output "c:/some/path/vfh_solaris_husk_animation.<F4>.exr" c:/some/path/to/vfh_solaris_husk_animation.usd
              3. Here is the result:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	08_11_2022_12-25-01.png
Views:	293
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	1164586
              Support Request

Comment

Hallo Bdancer,

THX, totallly works. And I can totally work like this.

I did check your comment, but did not understand it. With Karma the rendersettings set in the scene file are respected by the bat file. (That is also how bat writing in maya worked). So with Karma you do not need to specify the output in the bat file. That`s why I did not imagine that this is the solution. The bat file from my understanding should be the last possible override. But things defined beforehand, like in rendersettings, should not need to be set, like the output path or filename.

Buuuuuut, now I will put my rendernodes to the test

THANKS Bdancer !!!

Comment

Karma render settings are specific to Karma and this node is setting additional stuff in the stage.
                  For instance, it sets output product path:
                  Code:
                  def RenderProduct "renderproduct"
                  {
                  rel orderedVars = </Render/Products/Vars/Beauty>
                  token productName.timeSamples = {
                  1: "E:/scenes/houdini/solaris/features/render/vfh_solaris_husk_animation.0001.exr",
                  2: "E:/scenes/houdini/solaris/features/render/vfh_solaris_husk_animation.0002.exr",
                  3: "E:/scenes/houdini/solaris/features/render/vfh_solaris_husk_animation.0003.exr",
                  4: "E:/scenes/houdini/solaris/features/render/vfh_solaris_husk_animation.0004.exr",
                  5: "E:/scenes/houdini/solaris/features/render/vfh_solaris_husk_animation.0005.exr",
                  6: "E:/scenes/houdini/solaris/features/render/vfh_solaris_husk_animation.0006.exr",
                  7: "E:/scenes/houdini/solaris/features/render/vfh_solaris_husk_animation.0007.exr",
                  8: "E:/scenes/houdini/solaris/features/render/vfh_solaris_husk_animation.0008.exr",
                  9: "E:/scenes/houdini/solaris/features/render/vfh_solaris_husk_animation.0009.exr",
                  10: "E:/scenes/houdini/solaris/features/render/vfh_solaris_husk_animation.0010.exr",
                  }
                  uniform token productType = "raster"
                  }
                  That's why it ​works for Karma and that's why you have to configure output manually in all the other cases.
                  Support Request

Comment

Perhaps a Vray Render Settings Node would be a thing. But I can sure work without. Perhaps it is also a shortcoming of the Houdini Render Settings Node. While I was batch rendering, the renderoutput, which I did set there under the vray output tab, would also be outputted during the batch rendering. So I got 2 files for the same frame ...

Comment

Working...
                    X