Extratex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extratex

is it possible to render an Extratex AOV from Solaris? We used this a ton and I can't find it in Solaris.

It's a bit tricky in Solaris since you can't set it up with render settings...
    Attaching example showing both bind and extratex. Bind will show up only on the objects used by the material, while the extratex for all objects.
    Attached Files
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Comment

Thankyou!
      I would never have figured that out myself. I still can't quite work out how it is working exactly.

Comment

> I still can't quite work out how it is working exactly.

Basically, you place bind/extratex inside some assigned material and then making a render var with name matching bind/extratex name parameter.
        Support Request

Comment

Ok, so it somehow searches and find the right bind. I was expecting to give it a path or something.

Thanks again.

P.S., this seems like a good thing to put in the manual.

Comment

Hello. I have smoke with VolumeGrid Shader. What render var I need to use?

Comment

Hey Mikhalenko ,

V-Ray supports the Atmosphere and SelfIllumination AOVs for volumetrics - you can enable these from the V-Ray Standard Vars LOP. LPE support is also coming with future versions.

Best regards!
              gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gosho.Genchev View Post
                Hey Mikhalenko ,

V-Ray supports the Atmosphere and SelfIllumination AOVs for volumetrics - you can enable these from the V-Ray Standard Vars LOP. LPE support is also coming with future versions.

Best regards!
                Thanks. I use GPU , so because of it Atmosphere was empty

Comment

bdancer Hey! Kinda reviving this post. I'm trying to do an Extra tex with vray dirt to get the usual Ambient Occlusion pass in solaris..

Managed to get it, but had to create a "dummy" object t oset my material builder VOP on to. Is there a way to do this without having to assign the material builder to an object? If yes, how to? If no, think it will be possible in the near future?

It's honestly just a whim of me.. But it would be neet not to create extra geo or meshes... could also put it somewhere in my assets materail library, but don't want it scattered everywhere..

Thank you a lot for your time!!

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_cyrmarcoux View Post
                    bdancer Hey! Kinda reviving this post. I'm trying to do an Extra tex with vray dirt to get the usual Ambient Occlusion pass in solaris..

Managed to get it, but had to create a "dummy" object t oset my material builder VOP on to. Is there a way to do this without having to assign the material builder to an object? If yes, how to? If no, think it will be possible in the near future?

It's honestly just a whim of me.. But it would be neet not to create extra geo or meshes... could also put it somewhere in my assets materail library, but don't want it scattered everywhere..

Thank you a lot for your time!!
                    I did the same thing some time ago - +1 to get this a little bit easier for the future
                    Dominik Markota | Head of CGI | Senior Shading & Lighting TD @ Serviceplan MAKE

Comment

Hey folks,

Yup, at the moment, this is the way to go - it's not on our end that the decision to use a dummy object is made - the shaders have to be treated as such in order to be properly translated by Hydra.
                      The Karma Fog Box LOP is the same - an asset with a geometry container + a shading graph applied to it.

We could add HDAs for V-Ray such as "V-Ray Dirt Effect", "V-Ray Toon Effect" and "V-Ray Environment Volume Effect", etc -- those would be the same as the Karma Fog Box - HDAs to speed things up, with the geometry inside set to "Invisible" using a "Configure Primitive" LOP.

Would that be something useful?

Best regards!
                      gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Gosho.Genchev Hey thanks for the follow up! That could be interesting to have, mostly for those like me who are starting to get deeper into solaris and this "new" workflow! Now that I've done it, I could as well do a HDA myself, but it could be interesting to have custom HDA for those main three direclty.. (Dirt, Toon, Environnement Volume)

Thank you a lot!

Comment

> If no, think it will be possible in the near future?

If there was - we won't have to make it that "hacky"...
                          Support Request

Comment

Working...
                          X