Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meters_scale ignored in Husk?

Hello,

Setting meters_scale in the Render Settings works in the Hydra viewport, but I can't get it to affect Husk renders. Also, looking at an exported vrscene it's set to the default value regardless of the value on the Render Settings prim.

Overriding it Post Translate seems to do the trick, but I wonder if I'm missing something to have it working without hacks?
    Code:
    import vray
    with vray.VRayRenderer() as renderer:
        settingsUnitsInfo = renderer.plugins.vfuSettingsUnitsInfo
        settingsUnitsInfo.meters_scale = 0.01
    Thanks,
    Dan
    Last edited by Dan Andersen; 20-11-2023, 02:46 PM.

Meters scale is taken from stageMetersPerUnit render setting. stageMetersPerUnit is set by Husk. Husk takes is from USD stage settings. Export .usd file and check which value is set there.
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Comment

Aha, that's good to know. Setting the metersPerUnit metadata on the stage indeed works for both the viewport and husk renders - yay!

Is there still a point to the meters_scale in the VRay Render Settings then? Or is it a legacy attribute from pre usd/Hydra days, that should be removed from the UI?

Comment

> Or is it a legacy attribute from pre usd/Hydra days, that should be removed from the UI?

It's probably legacy from the time when husk was not setting stageMetersPerUnit​.
        V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
        andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
        Support Request

Comment

Okay, I think it all makes sense to me now. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
          X