motion blur with the point instancer in solaris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motion blur with the point instancer in solaris

Hello, I am trying to instance an rbd fracture onto points in solaris with the point instancer. I have this working in terms of the geometry being transformed by the point properties, however I do not get any motion blur with I render the setup. I tried putting down a geometry settings node and turning on velocity blur but this did not seem to work. I can see that all of the velocity data is on the primvar for the instancer but there is no velocity primvar on the instanced geo itself. I tried pointing the geo settings node to the instancer and the geo and I still don't seem to be getting any motion blur.

Does anyone one know what the correct procedure for this is? I am trying to do an instanced RBD setup with the point instancer in solaris with motion blur on the rbd objects at render time.

Thank you.

-Christian

Dear pixeldrone​, hello.

Could we please take a look at the setup by sharing the file?
    Best way will be via our contact form​ by using V-Ray > Pack Scene and uploading it there.

Important is also to share the used V-Ray and Houdini versions, but this will be visible also after receiving the file.

Waiting for the continuance.

Best regards,
    TS
    Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
    3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

In addition, please be informed that we have a special section for V-Ray for Houdini :: Solaris/USD and I will move this thread there.
      Tsvetomira Girginova | chaos.com
      3D Support (AEC,HOU,C4D) Team Lead | contact us

Comment

There are controls for instancer velocity handling (same for Karma).
        In render geometry settings you should specify whether to use velocity for instancers ("Instance Velocity" attr).
        V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
        andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
        Support Request

Comment

Thanks you for your responses. I was able to fix this with the geometry settings as you pointed out. Thank you.

Best, Christian

Comment

Working...
          X