No motion blur on VRAY renders in solaris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No motion blur on VRAY renders in solaris

I have a particle cache imported into solaris from SOP.
    There's NO motion blur on it, eventhough there'svelocity on it. If I render the smae solaris tree, with karma, the motion blur is present. So what's up with vray in solaris? What else should I do, beside enabling the motion blur on the vray rendersettings and enabling the vray physikal camera?

An additional rendergeometrysettings node solved it. enabeling the velocity blur under the vray tab.

Comment

Using physical camera has nothing to do with enabling motion blur.
      However using physical camera will alter the sampling of motion blur, so you'll have to manually tweak physical camera settings (e.g. type, shutter speed, etc) so see the motion blur effect.
      Will u see motion blur if you disable physical camera?
      If this still won't work I guess the best way is to send me a hip file for investigation.

[EDIT]

> An additional rendergeometrysettings node solved it. enabeling the velocity blur under the vray tab.

Great!
      V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
      andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
      Support Request

Comment

But rendering it with deadline as a standalon USD render after USD export is rtill results in an image without motionblur. Is this a VRAY BUG?

Comment

Originally posted by bdancer View Post
          Using physical camera has nothing to do with enabling motion blur.
          However using physical camera will alter the sampling of motion blur, so you'll have to manually tweak physical camera settings (e.g. type, shutter speed, etc) so see the motion blur effect.
          Will u see motion blur if you disable physical camera?
          If this still won't work I guess the best way is to send me a hip file for investigation.

[EDIT]

> An additional rendergeometrysettings node solved it. enabeling the velocity blur under the vray tab.

Great!
          It only works for now in the viewport. See my post below.

Comment

> Is this a VRAY BUG?

it's not a bug, but rather work in progress for Standalone to render USD files. It should render the same as Hydra delegate during V-Ray 7.
            You could use husk for now.

V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
            andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
            Support Request

Comment

Sorry for not being clear on that. I'm using Husk right now for the USD render. It seems putting down a new camera and not enabling the vray physical camera settings solved the motion blur issue. So thank you!

Comment

Working...
              X