switcher for camera's and rendernodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• switcher for camera's and rendernodes

We are currently converting/setting up a returning project from our maya/vray days in which many different assets and different versions of assets live in the same houdini file. (the houdini file is the parent file, in which we load assets when needed)

Each of these assets (and its versions) need to be rendered in IPR and exported as a vrscene (sequence or 1 file) for the farm.
    In order to minimize repetitive clicking and adjusting 1 render node, we are researching a way to optimize our workflow.

our current setup is as follows, we have a production 'farm ready' vray rendernode that exports vrscenes. next to that we have a reference copy of this render node with some small changes (lower settings, no motion blur, save image off, no export, current frame rendering) for IPR rendering.

The idea is as follows:
    each asset will get these two out nodes, 1 IPR rendernode, 1 export rendernode.
    in the scene there are 2 camera's one for panning around and rendering IPR, and the final rendercam.

to speed up our workflow i was wondering if the following 2 things can be implemented or if you know of a workaround that can accomplish the following:

- a rendernode switcher that can be fed into the VRay IPR renderer. This switcher would be able to contain multiple VRay render nodes.

- support for the camera switcher on OBJ level. this switcher can toggle between an IPR camera (or sceneview cam) and a rendercamera. this switcher goes in the rendercam path of the rendernode. (currently crashes houdini when trying this).

I added a scene file. If something is not clear, please let me know!

Thanks you!
    Attached Files

Hello jurweer ,I am not sure that understood at 100 %, but this is an example of how you can achieve something similar. Basically there is an switch node /with 7 positions, but it can be easily expanded to more/. By changing the slider value you are choosing which setup to be set as a forced objects. Is this useful to you, or am I missing something?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	swithcer.png Views:	1 Size:	28.5 KB ID:	1050682

Attached Files
    Georgy Chakarov | QA
    www.chaosgroup.com
    georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com

Comment

hi chakarov

thanks for the reply.
      i cant seem to open the file. i am on houdini 17.5.293 and VFH [Info] * Build number: 5397 hash: 5a036ce from 09 Oct 2019 04:20.
      are you on a newer version of either?

Comment

I've just tried in H17.5.293 and VFH 5397 and the file is opened. I am not sure why it can't be opened on your side
        Georgy Chakarov | QA
        www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

ah i had custom hotkeys assigned that caused the opening error.

thank you for your solution. it works great and accomplishes what i was trying to setup in a non code writing way

Comment

It is a simple python script, 3 or 4 rows and even can be simplified to one. But this way is easier to understand and modify. You can delete those 3rows for printing the generated variables, they were there just for testing.
            Georgy Chakarov | QA
            www.chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
            X