selective vray atmosphere render element

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• selective vray atmosphere render element

I would like to file a request for some sort of selective vray atmosphere render element, similar to what light select element is doing. I`m rendering a lot of volume in Houdini and many times there are multiple volume in one pass/render.
    For example explosion, inside atmosphere fog,and some ground dust volume too. Love to have the option to get atmosphere render element for each volume grid/OBJ selectively, instead of everything in single atmosphere pass.

I know this need to be implemented as a core functionality and could take some time, but it will be extremely helpful, specially for people that prefer to render as much as possible in single pass.

Noemotion.net - www.noemotion.net

Peter Sanitra - www.psanitra.com

Noemotionhdrs.net - www.noemotionhdrs.net

Hey, Peter,

sounds reasonable - I'll make sure to bring this up to the dev team. Would you mind clarifying a couple of things, though. Let's imagine you have an explosion inside a V-Ray Fog:
    1. Do you expect to see the illumination from the explosion in the isolated fog ?
    2. Do you expect the isolated explosion to be occluded by the fog (or perfectly visible) ?

There is already something in the works that could potentially be expanded upon to achieve what you're looking to get, provided the answer to (1) and (2) is 'yes'.

Thank you!
    gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Gosho.Genchev Those are good questions. I`m sure they are user cases, where you prefer to see illumination but also cases where you dont, to be occluded and also not. Maybe there could be optional checkboxes on the RE, like diffuse only, or specular only on light select RE. It`s just one of those things that cannot be solved just one way, and will probably end up like the matte settigns , lot of checkboxes lol.

Noemotion.net - www.noemotion.net

Peter Sanitra - www.psanitra.com

Noemotionhdrs.net - www.noemotionhdrs.net

Comment

Working...
      X