Volume gi/scatter depth settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume gi/scatter depth settings

We need it back, very much. GI/multiscatter for volumes are costly, there should be a way way to control the number of bounces. The control was there, why remove it?

Now without it, how many bounces it uses? what ever is set on secondary GI in ROP? That is very painfull. Most LC default it 100, even when lowered to 10, thats crazy render time to do that many bounces. Usualy in Mantra and Renderman i do 2-4, sometimes a bit more. But 2-4 is not be enough for rest of the scene.

therefore - GI volume bounce settings needs to be detached, controlled per shader or per object spare on obj like Renderman does it for example.

Noemotion.net - www.noemotion.net

Peter Sanitra - www.psanitra.com

Noemotionhdrs.net - www.noemotionhdrs.net

The control was there, why remove it?
    Hey, Peter,

in short - because it wasn't doing anything, and hasn't been for a while.When I was looking at the light cache issue you reported, I noticed this option only works as intended if another legacy option is also enabled. So we opted to make the parameter invisible.
    Currently the ROP's GI settings control the number of bounces. I'll check for a solution and message you back later today.

gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
    X