Light handles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light handles

It would be great, if we could get light handles like in maya for rectangular and spotlights.

Hey ronald_a ,

I'm wondering if you have considered using the Look At constraint under the Transform tab ? I understand it's not as simple as activating a handle but then again, it's a couple of clicks to go to Enable Constraints -> Look At -> hit Enter twice with the mouse cursor over the viewport. It will give you the same behavior as the handle in Maya, with the automatically generated Null as the target.

If we were to implement this, we would wrap the lights in HDAs and expose the transform handles for the Null and Light itself. Then we'd need a way to disable this behavior in case the handle is not invoked ... it gets trickier and trickier to make sure we are doing something to simplify things instead of causing confusion.

Cheers!
    gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hmm, good point. I‘ll give it a go and see how it goes. Is‘s really just a nice to have. I suppose at some point we will use USD lights and they have that built into solaris anyways.

Thanks for the hint!

Comment

Working...
      X