Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(done) [HOU-1951] TOP network Vray support.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (done) [HOU-1951] TOP network Vray support.

Hey Chaos Folks,
    I've been experimenting with TOP networks, it's great stuff! I wonder if you are planning to add a V-Ray node for the TOP context just like the "ropMantra" one, I'd like to kick off vrscene exports and renders from the TOP context with all the glory of automation that comes with it.

Also, is there currently a hacky way to get this to work with the regular V-Ray ROP?

Thank you
    -Robert

[Edit]
    I just found out that the mantra ROP basically is just a ROP FETCH node. I can load a Vray ROP in there but the fetch node does not expose options like the vrscene filename.
    Last edited by Fridayvfx; 04-06-2020, 07:07 PM.

Hello Fridayvfx , I'll add your request about V-Ray Renderer TOP but for now you could use ROPFetch TOP, this is how V-Ray BakerTool works for some setups.
    Georgy Chakarov | QA
    www.chaosgroup.com
    georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Will environment variables work for you for render settings override? like for export mode / export file path?
      I'll check anyway if there is some way to create custom TOP nodes with SideFX...
      V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
      andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
      Support Request

Comment

Hey folks, thanks for your answers, environment variables for overrides should not be a problem.
        thanks for checking with SideFX!

Comment

Hi Fridayvfx , there is a V-Ray Renderer TOP node in todays build, you can check if it works for you.
          Georgy Chakarov | QA
          www.chaosgroup.com
          georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Love you guys! I'll check it out for sure!

-Robert

Comment

Working...
            X