Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• non uniform radius on sphere lights

Hi,

I am currently bringing an older light setup from maya to houdini and need match the original setup very precicely. This all works great, but I happen to have sphere lights in the maya setup which are scaled not uniformly. Is there a way to make this also work in houdini vray spherelights? I guess I would need three values for the radius.

Hi ronald_a , unfortunately this is not yet supported, it is strange that you have such a setup in maya, it shouldn't be possible there as well. Can you share a scene with nonuniform scaled sphere light in maya. A scene with V-Ray Sphere Light only will be enough.
    Georgy Chakarov | QA
    www.chaosgroup.com
    georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com

Comment

it works through the light's transform (scale) in maya. in houdini there is no scale on the light`s transform. Also, this is from our last vray 3 project (from about 2 years ago), but I think in maya, with vray4 this is still possible - I will check tomorrow and send you a file.

Comment

I couldn't make it work in maya with V-Ray 5, as a workaround you could use mesh light instead.
        Georgy Chakarov | QA
        www.chaosgroup.com
        georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com

Comment

yeah, you know what, I will do that. This shouldn't be too much of a rendertime hit with this particular setup (after all, I believe they are faster than they used to be back in vray3 anyways). thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X