Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

( done ) ( done ) ( done ) ( open ) [ HOU-2512 ] [ HOU-2496 ] [ HOU-2497 ] [ HOU-2520 ] Camera crop and more mask options.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ( done ) ( done ) ( done ) ( open ) [ HOU-2512 ] [ HOU-2496 ] [ HOU-2497 ] [ HOU-2520 ] Camera crop and more mask options.

Hi,

I mentioned this some months ago, but I would like to bring it back. Can we get more "Render Mask" options please. We currently only have an ID option, and we would like to use the camera crop and textures too.

Click image for larger version  Name:	renderMask.JPG Views:	58 Size:	12.2 KB ID:	1107778

Using grid objects in front of the camera to do render masks/crops is far from being the most elegant solution.

Also, why doesn't the Houdini camera crop work with V-Ray?

Click image for larger version  Name:	crop.JPG Views:	39 Size:	92.6 KB ID:	1107779

Best,
    David.
    Last edited by chakarov; 31-03-2021, 01:18 PM.
    David Anastácio // Accenture Song - VFX
    https://www.accenture.com/us-en/serv...visual-effects

Another one that I have often wished for is some sort of world space cube gizmo that is just used to set the render mask area and nothing else.

Comment

Hello david.anastacio , adding more RenderMask modes is in progress. There are some small issues to be fixed.
      To use Camera Crop need to switch Overscan Mode in [ROP]>[Renderer]>[Camera] to "Inside"
      Last edited by chakarov; 31-03-2021, 01:19 PM.
      Georgy Chakarov | QA
      www.chaosgroup.com
      georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Originally posted by chakarov View Post
        Hello david.anastacio , adding more RenderMask modes is in progress. There are some small issues to be fixed.
        To use Camera Crop need to switch Overscan Mode in [ROP]>[Renderer]>[Camera] to "Inside"
        Thanks for looking into this chakarov.
        To use the camera crop it's the "Overscan Mode", thanks for point me to it. Wouldn't it make more sense to just call that parameter "Camera Crop" or "Use camera Crop"?

Best,
        David.

Comment

Render Mask modes are updated, now texture and object modes are available. Unfortunately they are only in V-Ray 5 builds for now, but added in to do list for 4.3
          Georgy Chakarov | QA
          www.chaosgroup.com
          georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Originally posted by chakarov View Post
            Render Mask modes are updated, now texture and object modes are available. Unfortunately they are only in V-Ray 5 builds for now, but added in to do list for 4.3
            Hi chakarov, that's great, I'm totally ok on having this for only VFH5.

By the way, I tested using the camera crop and setting the overscan to inside, but that didn't work for me:

Click image for larger version

Name:	crop.JPG
Views:	336
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	1109856

best,
            David.

Comment

I'll check with V-Ray Next
              Georgy Chakarov | QA