Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Vertical Lens Shift // Viewport

Hello,
    it would be great to see Auto Vertical Lens Shift in viewport, like it is 3DS Max. This is common stuff when visualizing architecture or technical graphs and would be really helpful to see it real time...
    Thanks...
    Last edited by woytha; 05-09-2021, 12:59 PM.

Hello,
    I can see that this option is in the last release of vray for houdini but for some reason it seems to be broken because when I try to adjust nothing happens.
    Could somebody confirm that this?
    www.gaell.com

Comment

> Could somebody confirm that this?

This request is about viewport preview of this feature.
      There are no plans implementing this.

I'll check your issue asap.
      V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
      andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
      Support Request

Comment

Originally posted by gagui View Post
        Hello,
        I can see that this option is in the last release of vray for houdini but for some reason it seems to be broken because when I try to adjust nothing happens.
        Could somebody confirm that this?
        It does work if you render the shot. But not in the houdini viewport.

Comment

> But not in the houdini viewport.

Yes, there is no plans implementing this.
          V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
          andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
          Support Request

Comment

Any directions to do it by hand then?
            www.gaell.com

Comment

Does anybody knows about the algorithm to calculate de lens tilt shift?
              I think having this it should be pretty easy to make a custom camera to preview this effect in the viewport.

I have made some progress making a secondary camera with the inverse rotation in X to make the camera parallel to the ground and shifted the lens in Y. The problem I have with this is calculate the exact amount of lens shift it needs to match the same target of the main camera. By now I shift the lens the same amount of the distance in Y between main camera target and it's position but it seems not very accurate. Maybe I have to put focal length and apperture in the ecuation...
              www.gaell.com

Comment

I dont know if its possible to see the effect in the viewport with a secondary camera but we use a expression to calculate the angle of the camera relative to the target and fit this angle into the tilt shift parameter. That gives quite reliable results. Of course only after rendering the frame...

Comment

Working...
                X