Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayScene - New Option "Custom" for Proxy Preview Type

Hi!

It would be cool if the VRayScene operator could have a 4th option for displaying in viewport. Custom.

In this mode an operator path input appears in the UI, where you can specify an operator to be displayed in viewport, instead of anything from inside the VRayScene.
    For rendering the content from the VRayScene is still used.

Maybe thats a low hanging fruit to implement.

Thank you and greetings!

If I am correctly understanding the request, would that not be the same as putting the Display flag on a SOP node inside the Geometry node holding the VRscene SOP?
    In other words:
    1. Display flag on a box
    2. Render flag on the VRscene

Best regards!
    gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hey! Yeah thats a smart workarround. I need to try, especially how it deals when output operators are in the game ...

Comment

Alright! I tested it and it is like I expected.

When you have an output operator in the sop, VRay takes whatever is connected to the output operator for rendering. Having the render flag on another operator is ignored then. This means you cannot leave your sop content plugged to the ouput opeartor and just display flag it and have a VRayScene operator with the cached content besides it with the render flag on. This means, working with output operators is not possible in this case. But working with output operators is the usual way, since it allows you to place the display flag anywhere in the sop for working or investigating and it will always output the desired state to the scene level. Without output operator you always need to set the display flag back to the final operator to get the correct output to the scene level, but during work or invstigating you can easily forget that, wich makes it prone to errors. So the usual way when working with VRayScene operator would be to have it plugged to the output operator, which sends display and render flag automatically to scene level or the renderer. But in this case you cannot set another operator for display, so you are constrained to use what the VRayScene operator delivers. This means my request is valid. Because when you could define in VRayScene operator another opeator as custom viewport preview, you could leave the VRayScene operator as the operator which is plugged to the output operator and still have the desired things for what goes to rendering and what goes to viewport display.

So I really would appreciate if you could consider to implement this.

Comment

There are no plans implementing anything new for the VRayScene SOP.
          V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
          andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
          Support Request

Comment

Okay. Thanks for that info. However, now you know my userstory and may re-consider it. Let's see how it goes ...

Comment

Working...
            X